With the Greece trip coming up, I needed to submit my passport number. On Wednesday evening, I checked the location I've kept my passport for the past 6 years, prior to the Ireland trip last August. My passport wasn't there! A few other quick checks and I gave up for the evening. I searched further on Thursday evening and Friday evening and still turned up nothing.
To add interest to my weekend, I had realized Friday night, that I had inadvertently allowed my drivers license to expire. That meant a trip into the DMV office to provide proof of US Citizenship, before I could get it renewed. Of course, one way to prove citizenship is with your passport, but mine was lost at the moment.
Saturday and Sunday afternoons, I sorted through a rather un-organized collection of old receipts, bills, and other miscellenia, hoping my passport had gotten dropped into the mess. Still no passport. It was after midnight Sunday evening, I was facing the fact that if I didn't locate my passport shortly, I was going to have to get started on getting it replaced. Finally, a more thorough search of a set of drawers turned up my passport stuck in a check box with a bunch of old checks.
With my passport found, I spent half my morning at the DMV getting my drivers license renewed. Now I can legally drive again.
Expecting a wait at the DMV, I had taken with me a project that I'm working on and made some progress on it. It's a project that I had planned to work on quite a bit over the weekend, but passport searching usurped that plan. Now, I'll be scraping together all the spare minutes I can this week to work on the project, as I would really like to have it completed by Saturday.
Monday, March 06, 2006
I'm Legal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment