I am searching for humorous and/or informative short quotes/answers on the topic of socialization and wondered if you could help me out.
This request came from a Pennsylvania homeschool leader, but caught me after recently reading a couple opinions about homeschooling that were ambivilent, or at best tolerant.
One of my favorite memories of the socialization question came from a high school aged cousin who was able to be honest about high school socialization. When he heard my family would start home schooling (I was entering my sophomore year) He immediately asked, "What about socialization?" After only a moment's pause he answered his own question, "You probably don't need that kind of socialization."
I know that of the people that MAY get around to reading this blog, many of them have homeschool experience. What are your thoughts or experiences on quickly conveying to others the benefits and advantages of homeschooling?
1 comment:
Hi C! How are you doing?
For the most part Homeschoolers aren't "maladjusted" because most are in sports, church and other activities. But I have see a few cases where it was an issue. But the worst one that comes to mind, I think that student would have maladjusted in regular school. He couldn't get along with anyone.
Post a Comment