Monday, January 30, 2006

A Monday

I've had better technology days than today!...and I've had worse.

I was coming in to work at noon, so I.T. was scheduled to do a 3-hour re-build on my laptop before I arrived. As far as I know, they picked up my laptop first thing and started working on it, but they ran into problems and I didn't get it back until 4:15.

About the same time I arrived at work, the e-mail server experienced a hardware failure. E-mail wasn't working again until about the same time I got my computer back.

At least without my laptop, I didn't miss the e-mail.

I spent some of the time working on sorting the donated books. I've made it through 13 of the 47 boxes so far. I'll have to find someway to celebrate when this is done.

There's a Christian school (elementary & middle, preparing to expand to high school) that has dibs on all the books from the donation that we don't need. There are times going through the donation that I feel guilty taking all the best books. There are times when I feel really good when I can pass copies of classical literature there way, when I already know we have a better copy. There are other times I really hope that someone goes through the boxes conscientously, when I've ended up throwing such books as The Perfumed Garden their direction. Maybe I should take the time to completely re-direct such books, but I wasn't thinking in those terms when I initually encountered them and now there are at least two similar books buried among 5 or 6 boxes of books.

1 comment:

J said...

Oh Dear! I hate to imagine the hubbub caused if little Mary takes that home from the library for a book report!!! ROTFLOL!