I'm typing this late at night while I'm tired and I'm typing on a QWERTY keyboard instead of Dvorak. So if I start typing gibberish, you'll just have to excuse me.
Monday and Tuesday at work were very quiet, though I was working on trying to get a lot accomplished before I left for two weeks. We got most of our packing done on Monday evening, but I still ended up skipping clogging for work and to finish packing. Unfortunately, I still procratinated and were up until almost midnight packing. our flight was at 6:00, so our alarm went off at 3:30 for us to head to the airport. My brother stayed up all night so that he could be awake to take us.
The flights went very smoothly. There were no significant delays and we arrived at the Wichita airport by 10:15AM. About 30 minutes later, my parents arrived following a doctors appointment to pick us up. We made a couple of more stops for Christmas shopping and headed home. It was around 11:00PM when we made it to bed last night and we slept in this morning.
This afternoon, my family headed out for our Christmas tree. We found a Chrismtas tree! It is standing in the living room with lights and some ornaments. We got interrupted with a visit with a cousin and aunt. We'll have to put a few more ornaments on the tree before Christmas.
While we were decorating the tree, SC called and broke the news to Mom that we had bought him a ticket to come home for Christmas! I don't think she quite believed it at first, but is very happy that he is coming.
Tomorrow (Friday), L has a choir and band concert with the local private school and some other home schoolers. This past Tuesday, SR went down to Dallas to visit the family she used to nanny for. She and D will drive home together and should arrive late on Saturday evening. Currently, D is planning to skip church on Sunday morning to pick SC up from the airport and drop SR off to spend the day with SR's boyfriend and family. SR's boyfriend will bring SR back to our house on Monday and spend part of the day with us. Tenative plans for caroling.
Then we'll have family Christmas on Tuesday and it will--amazingly once again include everyone in our immediate family being home!!
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Christmas Season - part III
Written by
C
at
11:53 PM
Subjects: Christmas, family, family visit, plans
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment