1. It has taken me nearly three weeks to put this list together.
2. I've been tagged multiple times on Facebook to do the 16/25 random things meme.
3. If I tag you, you've probably already tagged me or already done this. I don't expect you to come up with 25 MORE random things. (Would that be 25 more things or 25 things that are even more random??)
4. My favorite ice cream is chocolate (or anything that does contains chocolate and does not contain nuts)
5. I'm very picky about what breakfast foods I like. If we are a having "fix-your-own," I'll probably heat up leftovers from supper.
6. Yes, I feel fine. No, I haven't had any nausea. Yes, I have been very tired, but I seem to be past the worst of it. We haven't decided whether we'll find out the gender of the baby before birth, but currently leaning toward not finding out.
7. Other than getting married, I've never been part of the wedding party, though I have helped serve at several receptions.
8. I generally consider myself shy and introverted, but don't mind planned public speaking. (I'm not so good at on-the-spot speaking.)
9. When I finished grad school, I wanted a job in an academic library (or maybe public) within a day's drive of my family in Kansas, and not a director position. I am working in an academic library, but I'm the director of the library and would have to drive 24 hours to see my family. (I've always flown for visits.)
10. I still love my job, but wish I were closer to family.
11. I've always had at least one good guy-friend in my life.
12. I was friends with the man who is now my husband for nearly five years before we started dating.
13. I was a cheerleader in junior high.
14. I was in 4-H through junior high and high school. I was most heavily involved in foods, clothing, and demonstrations, but also worked at photography.
15. My dad had a rule for 4-H projects: If it needed fed, it didn't go to the fair (except the family). Translation: NO ANIMAL PROJECTS.
16. Through 4-H, my family hosted several short-term (2-3 week) exchange students. One from Uruguay and several from Japan.
17. Before I graduated from high school, I had moved once (from outside town to in-town) and had changed addresses once--not at the same time.
18. I lived in the same dorm room for the first three years of college and then lived in different rooms each semester of my senior year.
19. I'm the oldest of five children--girl, girl, girl, boy, girl, but my youngest sister was born when I was just graduating from high school and heading off to college.
20. I grew up in a home with only one bathroom. (Dad occasionally made use of the outhouse when we girls spent too much time in the bathroom.)
21. I grew up in a home with no television.
22. I remember our home having a party line telephone when I was young and a near-by great-aunt had a party line until I was in high school.
23. In my family's home, I have listened to reel-to-reel recordings, 8-tracks, LP records, audio cassettes, and audio CDs.
24. I worked on the family farm for at least eight summers.
25. I hate babysitting on a regular basis. (But I've been repeatedly assured that it's different with your own kids, so I'm working on testing that theory. :-)
I tag:
1. Michelle Hall
2. Susan Gates
3. Andrew Krob
4. Suzanne Guinn
5. Susanna Smith
6. Dorinda Gates
7. Vanessa Oliver
8. Megan Myers
9. Rhonda Coulter
10. Doug Butler
11. Hannah Guthrie
12. Shannon Joy Norman
13. Audra Richmond
14. Daniel Morris
15. Kari Frenz
16. Briane Kneynsberg
17. Steve G
18. Lelise Aklilu
19. Patty Taylor
20. Rich Shipe
21. Darren Jones
22. Art Cox
23. Vi Coulter
24. Tarah Colvin
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
25 Random Things
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment