Thursday, August 04, 2005

Ireland -2 hours

I had hoped to wrap up projects at work on Monday so I could take all of Tuesday and Wednesday off. I ended up working all day on Tuesday; even getting to clogging late. After clogging, I dropped back by home and did a few things in preparation for my parents arrival.

My parents' flight landed at 11:00 Tuesday evening. After flight delays at every point along their route, that was only landed about .5 hour late.

Wednesday morning, with encouragement from my mother, I actually did my packing. I'd been thinking about and collecting what I wanted to take for well over a week, so it was really mostly a matter of tracking down a few items and deciding how big a case I needed to pack/take. While we worked on that, my dad performed a couple of things around my house, like replacing the linoleum tiles in the kitchen that had been damaged when the new refrigerator was moved in.

Wednesday afternoon, we headed to Leesburg for lunch and shopping for last-minute items--film, travel bags, batteries, etc. I stopped by the library on the way home to make a copy and print out a couple of things for the trip. Of course, I ended up checking my work e-mail and voicemail and responding to a couple of questions.

Wednesday evening, I paid some bills and realized that I had never loaded the software on my Palm to use the portable keyboard that I had received at Christmas. The Palm website is extraordinarly slow loading on my computer!

Through this morning, I managed to navigate the Palm website between last-minute tasks and packing. I have downloaded and installed the keyboard software, so it now works with my Palm!

In 2 hours, my parents and I will leave for the meeting place for the group, where we will be loaded onto a bus to get the airport. The plan is that we arrive at the airport 2 hours before the flight leaves (international flight). We have a layover in Philadelphia of ~3 hours. We should land in Ireland Friday morning!!

We've been told not to expect to have Internet access while in Ireland, so no blog updates until I return. With the keyboard working for my Palm, I hope I can type up some thoughts while I'm there that will be easy to post when I return.

Here's a few sites about where we'll be and some of the places we expect to see:
Ireland Government
Ireland Information
Bunratty Castle
Muckross House
Cliffs of Moher


May your doctor never earn a dollar out of you,
May your heart never give out,
May the ten toes of your feet steer you clear of misfortune.
And before you're much older,
May you hear much better blessings than this.
http://www.luquette.org/inspire/irish_blessings.htm

No comments: