Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Clogging and Housing

Over the weekend, we had two clogging performances and visited two houses. The result: My weekend was gone way too quickly!

The Saturday performance was up in Shippensberg, PA--about 1.5 hours away. Quite a drive, but worth it. It's a Corn Festival--great corn, lots of great craft booths, and great entertainment. Well, not so sure about those cloggers, but the bagpipe band is definitely worth listening to. The square dancers are goood. And the country linedancing--even if it is a promo for the local club--is catchy. After our performance, we had 1.5 hours to wander around the booths (we only made it to half of them) before JM and I headed home with Jer and dropped SarahD off at work on the way.

Then JM, Jer, and I met up with the realtor to check out a couple of housing possibilities. JM summarized the houses pretty well, so I won't bother to add my descriptions.

I'm not sure what really wiped me out, but I was definitely tired by the time we headed back to JM's for supper. I fell asleep while JM was putting the frozen pizza in the oven. A couple of hours later, I woke up enough to drive myself home and crash into my bed.

Sunday, church and another clogging performance took up the majority of my day. This performance was much closer to home--Lucketts Fair--and just as fun. Jer especially enjoyed the puppet man who was before the cloggers. The puppet man was very good with his marionettes (despite rather windy conditions)!! The wind and overcast skies made it nice for clogging!

Sunday was the first pre-marital counseling session for JM and I with Pastor Ray and Carol. We are really looking forward to the coming weeks! Too bad we don't get to meet again until Sept 18, but with holidays, it just can't be helped.

No comments: