Thursday, March 10, 2005

Clogging Teach

Tonight I taught a clogging class for the first time. Overall, I think it went pretty well.

Part of the time I felt like I was trying to rush the learning process. Part of the time I felt like maybe I was trying to make things too simple and that the students might be getting bored.

Danced Rocky Top a couple of times. Danced Dance Above the Rainbow, then reviewed some of the steps before dancing it again. Finally, spent about an half-hour on Stars & Stripes Forever.

In the end, I think most of them had picked up on the next section of the dance and were a bit more comfortable with at least the previous sections that we specifically reviewed.

I probably should've reviewed the first section. There were just a couple of people that weren't solid on those steps. Probably a quick review would've made them a lot more confident.

Not sure they would ever want me to teach them again. But maybe I'll get another chance someday.

No comments: