The I.T. department had a planned project that took down ALL of the servers from Friday evening until late Saturday afternoon. The project began really well and would've been completed ahead of schedule--Saturday morning--except that a part ordered by one of the vendors didn't arrive. Calls discovered that the part that should've made it by Saturday wouldn't arrive until Monday. An entire day wasted for the vendors (and our IT dept) who had staff here most of the day waiting for the part! Saturday afternoon was then spent patching things back together so that there would be a network for students and staff until after the delinquent part arrives. They'll still have to take the network down again, probably for at least 30 minutes, to get the part installed and the new set-up completed.
With the network down, this was a difficult weekend to get much done in the library--every piece of library software runs off of the network or has a reliance on an Internet connection. Though standard office software (Word, Access, Excel, etc) is loaded on the individual computers, the files that are used by the library are all on the network for sharing purposes.
I was able to use the weekend to make some progress on some lower-priority mail that hadn't been dealt with due to the lack of library staff.
Sunday evening at Awana, I crippled myself--for a couple of days. Running in the three-legged race, I lost my balance as we were going to knock down the baton to finish the race. I've ended up with nice bruises on both of my knees. On one knee particularly, the bruise is right over my kneecap. Just walking puts pressure on the bruise and causes some pain, especially when I don't move around and it gets stiff. I expect it will be gone in a few days. And we did come in 2nd for the race and received 300 points!!
Monday, March 14, 2005
Weekend
Written by
C
at
2:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment