Monday AM, I had a group of three volunteers (a fourth volunteer came in at the end of the morning) that helped scan the barcodes in 16 of 20 rows of books in the library. Thank you guys, very much!
Tuesday, I scanned a couple of sets of books that aren't shelved with the rest. Then loaded all the barcodes scanned so far into an access program and started running reports looking for missing books.
This morning, I've got a couple of more volunteers scanning the last few rows of books. I expect that to be finished in less than an hour and we can move to working through the reports of "missing" books. We'll check the shelves and other locations to determine which ones are really missing and which ones didn't get scanned properly.
And at every step along the way, I count my blessings to be doing this in the computer age!
Wednesday, July 07, 2004
Library Inventory
Written by
C
at
9:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment