Tuesday, while I worked, my family took my car to the dealership in Winchester for some recall work. During the day, they wandered down the road and visited the Route 11 Potato Chip factory. They also came back from the day with the family's first digital camera.
Since I was at work without a vehicle, they came back to the college. From there, we headed to clogging. I had a fun evening (as usual) at clogging. Early in the evening, my family were all persuaded to join the group in dancing one of our simple Christmas mixers. I think they had fun. By the time we were going through it for the second or third time, they definitely didn't have much problem in knowing the sections and direction of movement in the dance. For the rest of the evening, my parents patiently watched the dances and happily greeted other cloggers who had been with us on the trip to Ireland. SC and L watched for a few dances, but soon wandered outside to play and visit with others. At one point in the evening, someone noted that the teen girls were absent (more than usual) from practice. I didn't think much about it, until I walked out at the end of the evening to find my soon-to-be-17-yr-old brother surrounded by all four of the teenage girls.
Wednesday was another day of work for me. I took off before my family showed up at my house for the day. The report was that they spent the day school and making plans for a steak supper with Mark & Megan.
When I arrived home, everyone was gathering at Mark & Megan's. A bit later, steaks were put on the grill. The result was a delicious supper--steak, potatos, salad, rolls, and desserts (pumpkin pie cake and apricot custard). The meal was followed by an evening of visiting for the adults and watching movies and playing with computers for the younger people. It was a very enjoyable way to wrap-up my family's visit.
After the evening of visiting, they packed up as much as they could in preparation for a 4AM departure. I didn't make it out of bed in the morning to say good-by to them, but they all came in to say good-by to me.
The only downside of the visit--they left a cold at my house. But all of the joy and fun of having them here for 3+ days more than makes up for that tiny inconvenience.
Oh yeah, my dad said he made some adjustments to my washer, trying to level it out, so hopefully it won't make so much noise during the spin cycles. That's in addition to the work on my vacuum, taking my vacuum in for work, the work on my car, taking my car in for work, washing my dishes, and mopping my kitchen floor. I have a wonderful Dad!!!
Thursday, November 17, 2005
Family Visit (cont.)
Written by
C
at
8:56 PM
Subjects: family visit
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment