Saturday, July 29, 2006

Bridal Gown Shopping, Again

I headed out bridal gown shopping again today, taking SS with me. Nothing new. I'm just looking for a white dress....and, oh yeah, I want it to perfectly match this dress I've pieced together in my mind, including price. I think I may be asking for too much.

While I was changing dresses, SS ended up discussing bridal gown fashions with one of the ladies at the store. The observation that was made is that bridal gown fashions change and cycle very quickly. Only a couple of years ago, almost all the dresses had sleeves. Now, it's almost impossible to find anything with sleeves, practically everything is sleeveless. Their prediction is that sleeves will be in fashion again in just a couple more years. Maybe that's the answer to my problem--I just need to delay the wedding for a couple of years, when I might have a better chance of finding a dress I like.

Nope, couldn't get JM to agree to that idea. :)

2 comments:

D said...

Just move your mother out for two months to do the sewing. Provide her with the pattern and the fabric, ship out her sewing machine...

D said...

After all, you were talking about how much extra room you would have in your Parlour after cleaning...